Employment at Y Bark Alone
Employment at Y Bark Alone
Our team members are among the best in the business! Y Bark Alone is dedicated to the continuing education and development of all of our team members.
No positions available at this time.
We are always accepting resumés for the following positions:
Service Coordinators (clerical experience required)
- Greeting clients & guests, make lodging/styling/fitness program/daycare appointments/reservations
- Answering telephones, accepting payments either by cash, check or credit card
- Calling veterinarians to check on a guest’s vaccination & medical records
- Filing of clients and guests personal records either in computer or paper files of our clients and guests
- Promoting & selling of services and retail
Doggie Daycare Attendant
This position will require attention to detail, extreme dependability, excellent teamwork & communication, and a working knowledge of dog interactions & language to ensure a safe and fun play environment for our doggie friends. This position includes, but is not limited to, some of the following:
- Supervise, monitor and control the interactions of dogs during playtime
- Assist in the screening and introduction of the new dogs into the playgroup(s)
- Cleaning of the play areas, and outside grounds
- Assist in answering phones and checking dogs in and out
Being a daycare attendant is a physical job just like all positions at the daycare. It requires being on your feet majority of the time throughout the day. Bending, stooping, and kneeling are constant for this position.
Pet Care Technician/Groom Technician
Working in the daycare is a physical job. There will be lifting (up to 50#), crouching, bending, stooping, using step ladders, working on hands & knees, etc. Working with pets is also a dirty job – you can expect to get jumped on, “kissed”, and get slobber and fur all over you. With pets comes the entire potty clean up including cleaning up urine, feces (sometimes diarrhea) and vomit. Work in all weather conditions required.
The Pet Care Technician’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Exercising all sizes, temperaments, and breeds of dogs (letting them out for potty time in the fenced yard area
- Assisting with the bathing, brushing and nail trimming of dogs
- Cleaning (sweeping & mopping floors, spraying the outside area
- Taking the dogs out for short walks
The ideal candidate will:
- Be at least 18 years of age preferably
- Have reliable transportation to and from work
- Have professional pet experience (not just your own dog) such as veterinary, kennel, pet sitting/walking, shelter/rescue.
- Be extremely dependable, mature and conscientious
- Have the ability to work well on their own as well as in a team environment
- Be observant and show attention to detail
- Have very good customer service skills, and basic computer knowledge
- Of course love, and be comfortable working with, any and all pets.
Experienced Pet Stylist/Groomer
- This position supports the company through the grooming services of animal clientele. A minimum of 2 years at least prior pet grooming experience is required.
- This position can be very rewarding for pet lovers. There is an opportunity to showcase artistic creativity and Individual style.
- It is essential to be able to regularly stand for extended periods, lift at least 40 pounds, bend, stretch and work in and around pet hair and dander.
- Stylists must understand the character and habits of many different breeds.
- They must also be aware of the appearance standards, especially for show pets that are required to conform to very specific breed standards
Provide haircuts, trims, styles and other salon services as requested. Primary responsibilities include providing quality care with a sharp instinct for animal safety. In addition, Stylists maintain client histories, work with Grooming Technicians, and assure that the customer is delighted with the Y Bark Alone experience.